Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Twins

TJ met a friend last night -- a redheaded, freckle-faced, turtle-loving friend named Bryan. I took one look at him and decided he could be TJ's twin...mannerisms and all. Then I found out that he IS a twin, with a sister named Breanne, who loves reading and softball and all of the things MY Bri is into. As soon as they were all introduced, they went upstairs to their bedrooms and I didn't see them for hours.

I met their mom, too. She and her husband just moved here in April from New Jersey. They, too, came from hectic careers, too much commuting and a big mortgage. They, too, wanted a do-over in life. So they're simplifying. She and I spent a couple of hours visiting over a glass of wine last night. And -- get this: she loves margaritas, too!

It's amazing what a difference just one good friend can make. Now I've got someone to show me the shortcuts to Super Target and give me the skinny on local orthodontists. Now TJ's got a buddy to toss a football to. And now Bri's got someone to mentor about life issues and convince that vegetarianism is The Way. (We'll see how that flies.) I'm crossing my fingers that Ryan gets along with the other hubby....then we'll be in business.

The girls had a sleepover at my place. The boys are at the townhome across the street, doing the same. This is bliss.

Bob Marley's song, "Don't Worry About a Thing" comes to mind. So, the washing machine's broken and the house hasn't sold yet. But still, I really think Everything's Gonna Be Alright.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! What a great turnaround and a great start to new friendships. I'm so glad!

Maybe you should plan a Thursday lunch with your friend and scour the town for a suitable margarita!

Scissor Girl said...

What a difference a day makes! I'm happy for you all! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

Michelle Medley said...

Think of how the other woman felt when she discovered you, Pupule.

She probably blogged joyously to her friends, "I met this great woman, and she has kids that love my twins, and now I have a new margarita sister who gets me . . . "

She must be heels over head to find you. The universe has truly given you both special delivery service.