Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bliss

It's been raining for three days straight. Each time we think we're going to host a fireworks show, our promises are dashed by Mother Nature. But we've been enjoying the rain shows from our front porch.

I continue to be amazed at how therapeutic the simple life is for us. Fishing at the local pond, watching old movies with the kids on the couch, eating popsicles at the community pool....these are the things that fill me up these days.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried about the future. If I'm not worried about something, I'm not myself. But I'm catching more opportunities to live in the moment, and I'm getting a little better at allowing myself to stay there without feeling guilty.

The secret? Accepting everything that is good....letting the small but beautiful moments seep into the skin and flow into the soul. I can't repeat it when I'm trying too hard, but it seems to naturally happen when I shut my mind up and allow myself to enjoy the moment.

1 comment:

Michelle Medley said...

I love what you said about allowing moments to seep into the soul; I'm right there with you. I want to make a mental list of moments that are dear to me - and feel the flow of a dancing heart as I think about them. That's much better than any old silly workplace agony.

You are a very wise woman who is growing richer by the moment, though you may not know it.

Keep sending those wonderful thoughts into the realm of cyberspace. We are out there listening to you and feeling touched.