Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Scootin'

I'm neck-deep in boxes this morning...the time has finally arrived for yet another move. It's exciting to think about the possibilities of a new adventure, but right now I'm lost in the details: disconnecting services, change of address forms, and what to do with all of the random items (loose screws, spare change and the like). My back is killing me.

I know from doing this so many times that it's gonna get worse before it gets better, so I'm gearing up for a challenging 6 months. That's about how long it takes before we start to feel settled. I can't believe I no longer have a job. I miss my friends already. So much is different already. Tomorrow I'll be more positive. Today I just want to be schlumpy.

4 comments:

Scissor Girl said...

It's okay to be schlumpy. For what it's worth, things are different here too...and you are missed more than you can possibly know. Now go take an ibuprofen for that back pain and wash it down with a margarita.

Princess Pupule said...

Awww...scissor girl, you cut me up. I'm so glad our paths crossed at work. Maybe that's one good thing about Cube City.

Unknown said...

This place is not the same without you!

Moving is always an incredible pain in the ass. Starting over in a new city is something I can't even imagine. But if anyone can do it successfully and emerge at the other end of it with a great life, a great attitude, and great flaming boots, it's you.

Michelle Medley said...

Hey Pupule, Scissor Girl and Viveth:

You make me smile. Want to write a book together? I bet you know a million stories.